Thursday, April 3, 2008

I know I should be working on my homework, but this quote from one of my global warming articles just begs to be blogged:
As early as next year widespread flooding by a rise in sea levels will create major upheaval for millions.



"Oh no!", you say, "Whatever will we do, when in the year 2009 the world will see certain disaster through flooding?" But wait, this article isn't from this year. Or last year. Or even the year before. It's from February 2004. Yes, I realize that it says "as early as", so technically, it's not wrong. However, considering that the prof told us that "every single time scientists have predicted something, they've always been too conservative and come up short. Every single time", well.... I'll haave to conclude that (*gasp*) he's full of it.

No comments: