The photos and instructions on this post were helpful.
- Thrift store book with slightly browning pages (mine is a dictionary from 1952)
- Lots of hot glue
- Cardboard or foam core circle for base. I used 2 pieces of matting left over from a framing project. For the outside dimension, I used a dinner plate. For the inside hole, I used a small bowl, about 4" in diameter.
- about 8" of twine or ribbon for a hanger
- stapler to secure the bottoms of the cones
I also made a cone out of stiff paper (a manila file folder) to help more easily roll all my cones.
There are seven round on my wreath (the first is on the back side).
- Rounds 1-2 used full pages (about 7 x 8")
- Rounds 3-5 used 6 x 6" pieces
- Rounds 6-7 used 5 x 5", with the final round being rolled tighter than all the others.
The only other tip I'd add is that all of the pieces needed to be adjusted a little so the openings looked symmetrical - the convex and concave points were basically lined up. Probably not necessary, but I liked the look better.