Saturday, November 1, 2014

Office remake

I wish I'd taken a before picture; unfortunately, the office was so dark and gloomy it may have sucked all the light out of the photo.

With gloomy, gloomy winter coming up, I knew I had to do something to make it into a place I could work.  Fortunately, the building maintenance guy is merciful and made time to paint the room a nice, sunny yellow.
3/8 inch plywood, cheap batting, cotton fabric, staple gun

Adorable boys on the desktop background

From there, I added a wall of flowery message boards, got rid of two huge, window-blocking file cabinets, scrounged the building for a more user friendly storage system, and added a cute rug.

Rugs USA - highly recommended!
This is a small rug, but 100% wool and free shipping for $17.
Amazing prices and the two I've bought there are both great quality.


The primary goal is to not hate every minute I spend in that room (guessing that would affect productivity), and for people to actually come in, sit down and chat. (Thanks for the great example, Trudy!)  I still need to get some stuff on the walls, but it's pretty terrific so far!

No comments: